Sunday, December 20, 2009

Why are food recipes free online?

what incentive does this give to people to actually go buy a cookbook?Why are food recipes free online?
Because it's a matter of variety and taste. I get recipes online free all the time and still buy cookbooks. People who truly love and appreciate food will get a quality recipe from wherever it leads them.Why are food recipes free online?
People put SOME of their recipes online free to entice an avid baker, cooker to buy their cookbook. Other people just have a great time sharing their original ideas. I do, but sometimes I get upset if my recipes arent chosen the best answer since I think mine are the best! LOL It makes a person feel good to know that another person likes their dishes. I get all mushy inside when someone has tried one of my recipes, and loved it. It makes me feel like I have done a good job, and helped out someone.
First of all, there are tons of paid ads on the sites. Second, some recipes aren't accessible unless you have a subscription or the link takes you someplace where you can buy the cookbook.





They're hoping that if you like the recipes, you'll buy something.
food recepies are usually free because its just everday people that are posting them. sometimes you can find an awesome recepie online though. i usually got to allrecipies.com and i always find an amazing good quality recipie. but if you don't like using recipies that people post online, get a good cookbook.
that is a good question, and I have found some very good receipes on the internet, and actually started my own cookbook. I guess it came about with the blog era. You can get everything from the internet, I was able to actually download a text book from the internet free and it was $70 hardback. with the internet, Everything is possible.
A question as deep as this is rare to come by! To me, it occured that you are trying to connect a global network with the quintessential recipe. Good.





Now to the question. If recipes are published online a a section of a website, it serves visitors attraction point. The revenue is not the criteria from the visitors but the visit itself is. Their revenue model if different, for small websites. Larger websites don't need revenue from publishing recipe at all.





The same holds good for periodicals we see on stands which publish recipes. Then it is just a part of the bigger game, just like the websites. Publishing a cook book does not fall into the same bracket.
I've been wondering that myself. Although I'm grateful to sites like www.allrecipes.com because of the variety, the search engine and the reviews which often have great suggestions.
People generally want to share what they know just as this board.
Don't you like free things and aren't you ever kind enough to give some information away? If not you are in the wrong place.

No comments:

Post a Comment