Thursday, December 24, 2009

Do anyone know any food recipes that the Olmec made?

I'm doing a report for spanish and i though it would be cool to bring in some food. Please don't tell me anything like ';mix something up with corn';.Do anyone know any food recipes that the Olmec made?
I am not sure about ancient recipes but I do know that they used alot of chocolate (or rather cacao) and drank a similar hot choc type of drink made with spices (mainly cinnamon and a pinch of red chili powder which the Olmec referred to as ';medicinal herbs';).





From my own research, I think their food was basically mashed squash, corn, manioc, cassave, yucca.... it's not like they had many complex ';recipes';. They had very good agricultural tecniques, farming and fishing methods for their era. But they just ate whatever was available at that time (veggies, fruits, seafood.....). It was a very diverse %26amp; well balanced diet but very simple.Do anyone know any food recipes that the Olmec made?
Great empire and very well organized. I'm sure that they must have managed food plantations, animal farms and ate their fair share of sea foods.


I am sorry I can't be more specific.... Your's is a good question and I look fwd to reading the answers you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment