Thursday, December 24, 2009

Anyone know a good source for home made pet food recipes?

I've googled a few, but would like to hear from someone who's actually used the recipes and had good results as far as ease of use, and the pets eating it well. I would like both dog and cat food recipes.





Thanks to all in advance!Anyone know a good source for home made pet food recipes?
I was hoping my star would bring in more answers for you from my contacts, but no luck so far.





I just want to caution you about one thing - do NOT feed your cat a vegan or vegetarian diet. It's a death sentence.





Although dogs are carnivores, they are not obligate carnivores, which means they can tolerate a vegetarian diet whereas cats really cannot.





Sorry I don't have a better answer for you. I have seen cat food recipes but I haven't used them myself. That's why I didn't answer. But since you've gotten so few responses, what the heck.





There's a few at this site: http://www.catnutrition.org/foodmaking.p鈥?/a>





Also, if you get a copy of Sandy Arora's book, she has some as well. http://www.amazon.com/Whole-Health-Happy鈥?/a>





I own this book but I don't follow recipes - I just feed meat and supplements.Anyone know a good source for home made pet food recipes?
Harbingers of a New Age in Troy, Mt is where I buy the food supplement for my dogs. They include recipes for making vegetarian dog food. I've used the recipes on and off for years. When I feed them this home made food they thrive on it and get real shiny. They look like they have been coated in shellac they are so shiny. The website is www.vegepet.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment