Thursday, December 24, 2009

Where do people find food recipes?

I'm *not* looking for recipes - I'm trying to find out *where* most people actually get their recipes. Common sense tells me: Word of mouth (family, friends, collegaues, internet communities); Search engines; Cookbooks; TV cooking shows; and so on and so on. But I really need some hard data to back up my suppositions! Any help at all would be very much appreciated...





Thanks everybody ;DWhere do people find food recipes?
1. family over the years


2. friends


3. experimenting


4. internet- go to allrecipes.com


5. cooking shows- foodnetwork such as Emeril Live!


6. cookbooks


7. magazines- southern living


8. restaurants- chefs or owners a person would knowWhere do people find food recipes?
there are great web sites as well that are free to find just about any type of recipe out there, whether you are looking for one in particular, or just anything. My best suggestion is to visit yahoo groups and search for recipes, or to google free recipes. That's how I got started. Report Abuse

My Great Grandmother passed down recipes to my grandmother then to my mother and now my sister has them and it a file supper thick each person has added a few on the way from other family members and friends that have been meet on the way
A few favorites come from my family, mostly my dad, since my mom didn't like to cook all that much. Those are the ones I really do cook on a regular basis. But I'm kind of a cookbook junkie too, and I've accumulated a few tried-and-trues that way too over the years. I really like Gourmet magazine too. The recipes are thoroughly-explained enough that I'm sometimes willing to try something more elaborate than I usually would, like making my own puff pastry or deboning a chicken. If I had cable TV I'd probably spend all day watching the Food Network--but I don't, luckily for me! I'll be interested to see what other responses you get.





By the way, where do you find yours?





:)
I've been watching cooking shows since I was a kid. Collected cookbooks along the way, and magazines. Now, when I'm curious about a recipe or a particular cuisine, I just Google it.
Most of the things I cook do not have recipes.. I just make them.





somone asked me for my chicken noodle soup recipe. I don't really have one.





If I need a certain recipe for something I look online.
I've got a couple of recipe boxes on different sites. I use them to add new twists to old favorites or to figure out what spices go better together,depending on the dish. I also have recipes from family and friends. I've also got a couple of cookbooks.
I make mine up most of the time. Usually adapting a recipe that I know from the past (usually a family recipe or cookbook) and making it vegan. I then put them up n my website www.recipesforvegans.co.uk
i usually go with what i have in stock and make up my own thing the only problem is when my family eats it and loves it i can never make it again cause i basically just ..... ...... you know what i mean but when ever i do actually look up a recipe it it on


foodtv.com ( food network) or Marthastewart.com (her recipes have never failed me) and of course if i wanted to cook more of my families traditional meals (Greek/ middle eastern) i ask my Grandmother
I get mine from a number of sites .. BHG.com is a good one; also, there's lot of good recipes, etc., on about.com .. Arcamax also has great newsletters of just about any category imaginable; some of them have great recipes the can be sent to your inbox regularly in newsletters. That's where I get alot of mine .. but that's only the beginning. Some of these I found by doing a search; others I got by word of mouth from others.
My Mother gave me her recipes that I grew up on. Family and Friends too. Plus, I use an old stand by: Betty Crocker Cookbook or Taste of Home has Cooking Magazines and Books plus website; that's where I also get some of my recipes from. http://recipes.tasteofhome.com/eRMS/Brow鈥?/a>
Here is where i get mine in order...





1. Internet


2. Magazines


3. Cookbooks


4. Word of mouth





hope this helps you : )
foodnetwork.com
I get recipes from my family members and friends also food network and I also collect cookbooks only certain kinds I like the cookbooks that people put together with homemade recipes those are the best kinds I also check the Internet I go to yumyum.com, and also cooks.com I also get the taste of home magazines and I aslo look in other magazines too you can go to certain web sites and they have a recipe section and i also check those out too.
Food tv.com and America's test kitchens.com
I get some from friends and family, some from cookbooks (although I mostly then adapt them) and a few I make up myself from messing in the kitchen. I've got 1 from Yahoo Answers as well

No comments:

Post a Comment