Thursday, December 24, 2009

What are some good and balanced homemade dog food recipes??

No treat recipes please. Also my dog is 50 lb so Im going with that guidline for amount of food.What are some good and balanced homemade dog food recipes??
I make home-made food for my dogs because of a book I found in my vet's office called ';Dr. Pitcairn's Complete Guide to Natural Health for Dogs and Cats';.





One thing that book makes you very aware of is that if you choose to feed home-made you need to know what you're doing. You can't just throw a few foods together because your dog will be missing out on a lot of things he needs.





That book is a great investment, both if you want to feed home-made or if you're interested in holistic remedies for a myriad of problems. There's a lot of recipes, all the vitamins and supplements a dog would need as well as what each one does.





Please don't just throw a few ingredients together - it's just not good enough.What are some good and balanced homemade dog food recipes??
Whole chicken (under $4.00)


1Bag of Carrots ($1.00)


1 Bag of Celery ($1.00)


Minced Garlic (helps with fleas)


4 Cups Rice ($1.00 bag)





Boil chicken with veggies and garlic until chicken is cooked.





Debone chicken mixing the meat back with the veggies.





Boil 4 cups of brown rice in 8 cups of chicken broth





Mix cooked rice with chicken/veggies.





I get my ingredients at Aldi to keep costs down and use it as an additive over a high quality dry food. (Solid Gold or Taste of the Wild, depending on which dogs) I add about a cup to the dry food twice a day, but it could be used as the food itself. The dogs I care for are about 50 lbs and this recipe will last about a week. It can be frozen if you don't need to use it this quickly.
First Of All, ';CordyLou'; is Wrong..


That Is NOT healthy, that will get your dog FAT..


My Father Buys From B.A.R.F. Wich is mixtures of different foods PROVEN to help dogs get healthier, and live longer..


my dog is a 9 Yr. Old German Shepard, and is a healthy dog..


ALSO give the dog about 4 RAW chicken wings. that helps the dog whiten their teeth, and their deposits on the lawn is-beleive it or not-Biodegradable! (after it gets that kibble junk out of it's system..)





Hope I Helped..
I have many recipes at my blog - http://www.homemadehealthypetfood.com My dogs are medium sized dogs, so the amounts should translate well to your dog.
i think you should give him raw eggs or brown rice or left overs but just alittle.
wholewheat pasta with peas and skinless (boneless) grilled chicken breast that seems to go down great with mine
  • deleted myspace
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment