Thursday, January 7, 2010

Does anyone have dog food recipes for pancreatitis?

I have an 11 yr old Shih Tzu who was diagnosis with pancreatitis. He will not eat the ID canned dog food prescibed. Any suggestions or homemade recipes to encourage him to eat. Day 4 of not eating.Does anyone have dog food recipes for pancreatitis?
here is some information on pancreatitis plus recipes





http://www.b-naturals.com/newsletter/pan鈥?/a>





the recipes call for calcium, I use egg shell calcium


http://www.pet-grub.com/pet-supplements/鈥?/a>Does anyone have dog food recipes for pancreatitis?
Hi Tony,


You need to discuss this with your vet. I have a **** Tzu that was diagnosed with hepatitis, and has to be on RX food as well. At first he would not eat the dry food the vet prescribed, so I changed it to the wet food. Then he decided he didn't want that either. So, I put him back on the dry food and give him a little bit twice a day. He has learned that he has to eat that food and that food only. OK, now I know this sounds awful, but to get him to eat, I have to put the dang bowl on my bed and sit with him. I know how frustrating it is when you know they have to eat, and you are having a heck of a time getting them to. I'm in the same boat with you so I know how you feel. Good luck





ADD: Do not give him any other food. Your vet has a reason for him to be getting the food he prescribed. Any other food may hurt his system and make him sick. This diet is important for him.
A great site to go visit, read questions and answers, and ask questions yourself is the Yahoo group, IBD dogs......
gerber

No comments:

Post a Comment