Thursday, January 7, 2010

Are any web sites that only have scratch food recipes. I want to try to steer away from package mixes.?

I am not a full time cook. I am a full-time mom. i vwant to learn to cook in my spare time and want to make meals that have real ingreiants not box.Are any web sites that only have scratch food recipes. I want to try to steer away from package mixes.?
older cookbooks, from before the 70's will include from scratch recipes. Check out used book stores for older cook books. I experienced this when I was first married(back in the 70's) using mixes and starting with a box of ';something'; was very popular and it was tough to find those scratch recipes. I had the best luck with old cook books. Also, most upscale recipe sites do scratch cooking. epicurious.com is one and I believe that foodtv.comn would be mostly scratch cooking. anything by Elton Brown, Emeril Lagasse, and tyler florence would be from scratch.Are any web sites that only have scratch food recipes. I want to try to steer away from package mixes.?
I always use allrecipes.com. Ive found lots of great things on there. one of my faves is Basil Chicken over Angel Hair. it only takes half an hour and it's so delicious. Ive also served it to friends who've loved it. look up that recipe on Allrecipes.com. I like that website because you can do an ingredient search. you can enter a few ingredients that you have on hand and it will find recipes that include those ingredients. there are a few recipes on there that use packaged ingredients, but the majority are real cooking-from-scratch type things. good luck! we've also eliminated processed foods from our house. it's wonderful.
Yes there is a great site called Bakespace.com. Amazing recipes that members post on the site and so many are easy recipes that are found no where else on the web.





I'm not a good cook so this site has really helped me.
Just type in what you want to make and you'll get lots of recipes or go to Kraft foods for recipes. Better yet, buy a cookbook. No one on here ever thinks of doing that.
Every recipe site I use has ';from scratch'; recipes. When you google a website just type in the word homemade...like if you wanted to make a pie..just type in homemade apple pie..etc.
go to foodnetwork.com %26amp; type it in
  • regal theater
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment